Gone Fishing is a song from the second season. It aired on TV in the US in the Shining Time Station spin-off, Mr. Conductor's Chuggington Tales episode Splish, Splash, Splosh in 1996.
- Sometimes it's nice to take some time out
- Do what you really want to do.
- Just to relax and let the world fly by you.
- Forget your worries, no need to hurry.
- Just leave a sign to say...
- Gone fishing, gone fishing.
- It's a sunny old day and you're on your way
- Gone fishing.
- Gone fishing, Gone fishing.
- It's a sunny old day and you're on your way.
- Why don't we all go fishing?
- You drop your line down to the river
- Waiting to see what you can find.
- Whatever life has to offer you.
- You know you'll take it, stand up and face it
- Smiling along the way...
- There's nothing better on a sunny day
- When all your work is done.
- Throw down your line, settle down.
- Surprise, surprise, look what you've found...
Gone fishing, gone fishing. It's a sunny old day and you're on your way. Gone fishing. Gone fishing, gone fishing. It's a sunny old day and you're on your way... Why don't we all go fishing?
- It's a sunny old day and you're on your way...
- Gone fishing!
- A draft version of the song features Junior Campbell singing the two verses of the song with children singing the chorus and breakdown, an extended intro, and less instrument layering on the chorus. This can only be seen on Rescue at Rocky Ridge and Other Chuggington Stories and Wilson's Songs & Roundhouse Rhythms.
- When this song aired on the Mr. Conductor's Chuggington Tales episode, Splish, Splash, Splosh in 1996, the first chorus and the second verse were skipped.
- The Norwegian version has a completely different musical arrangment and is in a different key.
- The Japanese version only has one singer.
- The version featured on the official YouTube channel removes the instrumental before the first verse.