Action Chugger is an Italian jet-powered chugger who lives in Chuggington.
Action Chugger is Chuggington's real life superhero always ready to help anyone who is in trouble. He is like a cross between Superman and the Thunderbirds! All of the other chuggers think he is great - he is like a celebrity in Chuggington. Action Chugger has even had films made all about his rescues.
He is based on a FS E414 Italian locomotive but he also looks similar to the German ICE high speed train. His overall shape, as well as the use of jet engines, is very reminiscent of the Bombardier "JetTrain" gas turbine locomotive that was demonstrated between 2000 and 2003 in the USA and Canada.
- Action Chugger is kind and has a lot of patience.
- He stars in Action Chugger Movies.
- A C's front coupler is not like other chuggers - his comes out from under himself. No-one really knows where his comes from.
- His catchphrase is "Chuggtastic!"
- In German he is called "Super-Lok", but in English this would mean "Super-Locomotive". Similarly, in Hebrew his name is גיבור הקטרים, which in English means "Hero of the Engines". In Czech he is called Supervlak, which means Super Train. In Polish he is called Superciuchcia, which means Super engine.
- He is often admired by Brewster.
- He has a visor that he puts over his eyes while flying.
- As well as flying in the sky, he can go extremely fast on the ground.
- His merchandise all have wings that can fold in and out.
- He sometimes talks in the third person when he announces somebody needs him (which he can detect), or is emphasising how invincible/amazing he is.